A number you're probably not looking for is 1.5 billion. That is the number of pounds of pumpkins grown every year.
History.com said that is more than twice the weight of the Empire State Building. Here are a few other interesting statistics related to Halloween:1
- 9 billion pieces of candy corn are sold each year (about 36 million pounds).
- 72 percent of Americans give out candy to trick-or-treaters.
- 30 percent of children sort their candy after trick-or-treat time.
- 24 pounds of candy is the average consumed each year.
- 38 percent of Americans wear costumes.
- 11.5 percent of Americans dress their pets in costumes.
- 50 percent of Americans decorate their yards for Halloween.